Avid S3 | EUCON for Everyone
MediaPros welcomes the announcement of the Avid S3 Control Surface, a new desktop controller that not only works with Avid Pro Tools, but also any Media Content Creation application that is compatible with the widely available EUCON control protocol.
The compact Avid S3 Control Surface is a streamlined, versatile mixing solution that gives sound engineers the powerful, intelligent control they need to work more ergonomically and efficiently, create the highest-quality mixes, and expand mixing capabilities and job opportunities. When used together, Avid S3 and Pro Tools Software – deliver the most streamlined, economical, and tightly integrated approach to mixing and recording in smaller-sized studios or mobile settings.
Introducing Avid S3
The S3 Control Surface is designed to help sound engineers:
- Expand mixing capabilities, and take on a diverse range of projects: Based on the award-winning Avid S6 control surface, the S3 features open integration with Pro Tools Software and other EUCON-enabled digital audio workstations such as Logic Pro, Cubase, and more.
- Meet strict project deadlines: By combining traditional console layout with the proven advancements of the S6, S3 delivers highly intuitive recording, editing, and mixing control—along with the power and efficiency to meet fast turnaround times.
- Mix on-the-go: The compact form factor fits into any space, making S3 ideal for small project studios or on-the-go music and post mixing.
- Work the way they want: Engineers can customise the surface to their unique needs by creating custom channel layouts, all recallable at any time. S3 can switch between two applications with ease, giving users the choice to work however they want, and the capability to take on the largest, most demanding mixes.
- Fit well into any studio and workflow: S3 easily integrates with solutions across the Avid MediaCentral Platform, as well as a studio’s existing systems and workflows to deliver deep hardware/software integration and control at a fraction of the price of high-end consoles.
Full hardware controls include:
- 16 channel strips, each with a touch-sensitive, motorised fader and 10-segment signal level meter (supports up to 6 fader banks)
- 32 touch-sensitive, push-button rotary encoders for panning, gain control, plug-in parameter adjustments, and more (16 channel control, 16 assignable), each with a tricolour LED function indicator
- 32 high-resolution OLED displays for viewing track names/numbers, detailed metering data (from mono to 5.1 surround), parameter names/values, current automation mode, and more
- Solo, mute, channel select, and record/automation-enable keys on every channel
- Touch strip provides easy access to transport controls
- Dozens of dedicated buttons and switches for navigation, automation, control assignment, and software control
- Built-in 4×6 AVB Core Audio interface includes 2 XLR mic/line inputs, 2 TRS line inputs, 2 XLR line outputs, 2 TRS line outputs, and a stereo headphone output
MediaPros is a fully authorised Avid ‘Elite’ Reseller, the S3 Control Surface is available to ‘Test Drive’ at the company’s central London based demo studios, please contact one of our Pro Audio Product Specialists for further information.