Sonnet Echo Express III
You have a new Apple Mac Pro, MacBook Pro, Mac mini or iMac and want to build a professional content creation system using PCI Express based Audio, Graphics or Video cards, but don’t have the required PCIe slots available to put them in? – Thankfully MediaPros has the solution – Presenting the Sonnet Echo Express III Thunderbolt Expansion chassis…
Three Slots, No Compromises
Sonnet’s Echo Express III enables you to connect three compatible full-size professional video capture, audio interface, and other special-purpose cards to your Mac Pro, iMac, Mac mini, MacBook Air, or MacBook Pro with a Thunderbolt port. The Echo Express III integrates a universal 300W power supply and includes a 75W auxiliary power connector for cards that require supplementary power. Even with all that power, the III is enviro-friendly; it automatically powers on/off when the connected computer powers on/off or sleeps. The use of larger, slower-spinning fans in the Echo Express III makes it the quietest Echo chassis yet. Two Thunderbolt ports support daisy chaining of up to six devices to a single port on your compute
Desktop or Rackmount
The Echo Express III is available in two versions, the III-D (desktop) and III-R (rackmount), to suit your workflow needs. The III-D’s form factor makes it easy to transport. The III-R mounts in a rack space 2U tall, and is just 15.75″ deep, making it perfect for use in a wide range of popular mobile racks, carts, rack-bags, and server rooms as well. The III-R even saves space for other equipment—with the optional Echo Express III-R Mobile Rack Kit, you can install one or two mobile rack devices in the III-R’s rack enclosure.
PCIe 2.0 Cards Over Thunderbolt
Today’s ultra-light notebooks, mini, and all-in-one desktop computers now have tremendous processing power—power that many people thought would only be possible in full-size desktop computers. Smaller in size and portable, they’re very desirable. For professionals in the creative fields, this processing power alone is not enough. You need expansion slots to install specialty cards to connect various video and audio inputs, for processing data, and to connect to high-speed storage and networks. The problem is, only desktop computers (which aren’t very portable) have expansion slots, and currently available PCI Express expansion for notebook computers has been very limited in performance—until now.
Sonnet’s Echo Express Express III-D and III-R make it possible to use full-size professional video capture, audio interface, SAS & SATA HBA, 8Gb Fibre Channel, 10 Gigabit Ethernet, and RAID controller PCIe cards with your Thunderbolt port equipped Mac.
Echo Express III-R Mobile Rack Kit
Add Two 5.25″ Mobile Rack Peripherals to Your Echo Express III-R Expansion Chassis using the mobile rack mounting kit, you can install two 5.25-inch mobile rack devices inside the III-R’s enclosure, such as an internal LTO 6 tape drive plus four swappable 2.5-inch SSDs. An alternate configuration might include a Sonnet Qio™ MR pro universal media reader. Or, install one full height mobile rack devices, such as three swappable 3.5-inch hard disk drives—now you can add more devices to your rack without taking up additional rack space. The Echo Express III-R Mobile Rack Kit includes an internal 80W power supply inside to power the installed devices, an internal fan to cool the installed devices, and mounting hardware to secure the devices and the kit itself.
• Connect Professional PCIe Cards—Use high-performance PCIe card with Thunderbolt-equipped computers
• Three PCIe Slots—Support three full-length, full-height, single-width cards, or one double-width card plus one single-width card
• Desktop or Rackmount—Available as desktop model or 2U rackmount model with space for optional mobile rack device mounting kit
• Optional Mobile Rack Kit—Optional Echo Express III-R Mobile Rack Kit supports installation of two single-height mobile rack peripherals or one double-height peripheral
• Temperature-Controlled, Variable-Speed Fans—Large, temperature-controlled fans automatically operate slower and quieter with cooler cards, providing better cooling for hot cards
• Integrated Universal Power Supply—Built-in 300W power supply with 75W auxiliary power connector
• Rugged Aluminum or Steel Housing—Provides robust and secure protection for any environment
• Fast Today, Faster In the Future—Thunderbolt 2 technology today, upgradeable to future versions of Thunderbolt
MediaPros has a unique expertise in specifying and installing the Sonnet Echo Express systems having been a Beta tester for these products since mid 2012 via the company’s Thunderbolterizer! software – for further information please contact a MediaPros’ Apple Solutions Specialist.